SAS System Requirements and Ordering Information
Please keep the following in mind when registering for a course that uses SAS:
- All versions of SAS may not run on ‘Home’ editions of Windows software. For specific information on operating systems, please check the appropriate website for current system requirements
- SAS 9.2
- SAS 9.2 is ordered through RamTech, but the installation files are sent from and returned to the Statistics Department, Distance Degree Program, 1877 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1877.
- When ordering SAS 9.2 through RamTech for late summer or fall courses, SAS licenses should be purchased after July 1st, to receive sufficient access to the license.
- Installation of SAS 9.2 may take up to an hour.
- SAS OnDemand
- SAS OnDemand is free for student use, but only for the duration of the course. Once the course ends, access is discontinued.
- Students need not be online to write SAS code for SAS OnDemand, but must be online to run it
SAS Information for Mac Users: SAS is not available specifically for Mac systems. If you have a Mac, you will need to install software such as Parallels Desktop and Win 7 (Professional/ Ultimate/ Enterprise or Home Premium) to run SAS. If you do encounter problems with obtaining or installing SAS, please contact the Statistics Department’s Distance Degree Program office for assistance.
Instruction for using SAS will be given in your course, but if you are new to SAS and would like some additional resources, you may want to look for "The Little SAS Book: A Primer".
Ordering Information: Please contact the Statistics Department Distance Degree Program office at firstname.lastname@example.org for current information on obtaining SAS.