Master of Applied Statistics Online Program
The Master of Applied Statistics (MAS) degree emphasizes practical methods in statistics, focusing on applications and computational aspects. The
goal of this degree program is to enable students to start working as practicing statisticians in industry, government or academia right after graduation. This degree is offered via
traditional resident instruction (on-campus), as well as online.
- Degree may be completed in one year working fulltime
- Students may work on the degree part-time to complete this program in 2 to 4 years
- 31 academic credits
- 19 courses in six sub-terms (with sub-terms ranging from 4 to 10 weeks)
- R and SAS statistical software used extensively
- Capstone consulting class in final summer session
- Math and computing skills courses (MSSA and CSSA) during the first summer session
- Courses taught by regular statistics faculty
- If space allows, qualified students may begin as a non-degree seeking student, applying for admission before completing 10 credits.
Download a printable flier with highlights of the MAS Online program. (Download the pdf file.)
Course Plans for Completing the MAS
Click here to request more information about the program.
Contact the Statistics Department Online Learning Program Office:
Phone: (970) 491-5268
Fax: (970) 491-1084
Follow us on Twitter: @CSUSTATDistance
Director for Online Learning in Statistics
Advisor/Director for MAS Program
Back to Statistics Distance Degree Program Site