Information for Admitted Online MS Students

Continuous Registration: If you are unable to take courses during a given fall or spring semester, you will need to sign up for Continuous Registration through RamWeb. Failure to sign up for a course or Continuous Registration during a fall or spring semester will result in your admission being dropped. In this case you would need to re-apply for admission before taking any more courses.

Course Requirements:

Course selection: The distance offering of the MS degree is being phased out to allow for a distance offering of our new MAS degree. Students interested in transferring to the MAS program should contact Jana Anderson. Students remaining in the MS program should have already completed at least STAT520, STAT530 and STAT540 by the end of Fall 2012.

Prerequisites: Prerequisites are important. Always check the Distance STAT Course Descriptions prior to registering for a course to make sure that you have taken the prerequisites. You can also find the textbook and software requirements for each course at this site.


MS Project (STAT 699): During your studies, you should keep your eyes open for professors and topic areas which appeal to you. Although STAT 699 is not typically taken until the final semester (or more often spread out over 2-3 semesters), you should have already obtained an advisor at that point, and ideally a topic. You enlist an advisor through direct conversation (i.e. phone/email) with that professor. Many students take several semesters to complete the project, so it does not hurt to start early by identifying interesting topics as they arise in your classes. It's a good idea to start trying to find an advisor during a free summer after the 3rd or 4th year and possibly even beginning preliminary work under his/her guidance. Students defend their project on campus at the end of the program. Video conferencing may be an option for those who cannot travel to CSU for their defense.

Graduation Requirements: During the term that you intend to graduate, you will need to submit form GS25 (Application for Graduation) and GS9A (Petition for Committee Member Changes). Keep in mind, the committee that you are given for the GS6 form (above) is not intended to be a permenent selection. Our distance office will assist you in completing these forms. Please be sure to contact our Distance Program office at the beginning of your graduation term.

Deadlines for turning in the GS25 and GS9A can be found here.

DDP RoadMap


Contact the Statistics Department Online Learning Program Office:

Phone: (970) 491-5268

Fax: (970) 491-1084


Follow us on Twitter: @CSUSTATDistance


Jana Anderson, Director of Online Learning